The Delicious Ingredients
135g/4¾oz plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp caster sugar
130ml/4½fl oz milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp melted butter, plus extra for cooking
A handful of chocolate chips
Maple syrup & strawberries to top
How To Make Them
- Mix your dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, chocolate chips, salt and sugar) together in a bowl. Whisk together the milk, egg and butter in a separate jug.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the milk mixture. Beat with a fork until the batter is smooth.
- Heat your non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, add some butter and allow to melt.
- Pour in a ladle of the batter and wait until the top of the pancake starts to bubble before flipping it over.
- Cook both sides until they’re golden brown.
- Done! Add some strawberries, maple syrup and a few more chocolate chips, if you wish, then DEVOUR THEM.
What have you been cooking up this weekend?