The Delicious Ingredients
100g Greek yoghurt
300g jar good lemon curd
(you need 2 tbsp in the cake, the rest to serve)
Zest and juice 1 lemon
(plus extra zest to serve, if you like)
200g self-raising flour
175g golden caster sugar
200g punnet of blueberries
(you need 85g/3oz in the cake, the rest to serve)
140g icing sugar
How to Make It
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
- Grease a 2lb loaf tin and line with a long strip of baking parchment.
- Put 100g yogurt, 2 tbsp lemon curd, the softened butter, eggs, lemon zest, flour and caster sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Quickly mix with an electric whisk until the batter just comes together.
- Scrape half into the prepared tin.
- Weigh 85g blueberries from the punnet and sprinkle half into the tin, scrape the rest of the batter on top, then scatter the other half of the 85g berries on top.
- Bake for 1 hr 10 mins-1 hr 15 mins until golden, and a skewer poked into the centre comes out clean.
Making the Icing
- Cool in the tin, then carefully lift onto a serving plate to ice.
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and stir in enough lemon juice to make a thick, smooth icing.
- Spread over the top of the cake, then decorate with lemon zest and some leftover blueberries.