I’ve been spotting a few of these ‘things that made me happy this week’ posts popping up and I think they’re great for spreading a bit of positivity in the blogging world. Sometimes we focus on the niggly little negative things that happen to us and forget all those small moments of absolute happiness we experience every day. So here’s the first of many to come, here’s 5 things that made me happy this week…
- Discovering some beautiful and inspiring new blogs: Cider With Rosie, who inspired this very blog post and who posts the most beautifully photographed foodie recipes. Poppytalk, who are the super cute DIY experts and lovers of pretty decor. And India Rose, who is such an effortlessly stylish girl.
- Choosing a paint colour for the ‘statement wall’ in mine & Mat’s bedroom (oh yeaaah!). There’s two colours messily painted on to the wall and we’re so indecisive as to which is our favourite. They’re both purple-grey, one cooler and one warmer, and the difference is probably barely even noticeable to most normal people… but yeah, exciting nonetheless!
- Eating healthier. This is always a big goal of mine, as it probably is for most people, but recently I’ve been doing much better and feeling good because of it. Mat cooks the most delicious healthy dishes (which you might see on my Instagram from time-to-time) and I’ve been more inclined to choose healthier options when I buy my lunch out. This is no easy task when you work near a burrito bar and a McDonalds…
- Freshly brewed espressos. Oh my god, I wish I could have several a day. Instant just isn’t the same anymore.
- Beach soccer! Last Friday the lovely folk at ITV invited a few of us media peeps down to their #ITVFeverPitch agency beach soccer tournament and it was so bloody fun! I used to play football in a local team as a youngster so it was great to get back into it in a more fun environment. We lost, spectacularly, but who cares! It was like being on holiday in the sand on a sunny Friday morning.
What’s made you happy this week?